Outlook Signature Setting
You may have received some emails in which the company name, address, website, address, phone number, logo etc. are mentioned at the bottom on the email. Do you think they are writing these things in all emails? No, they have set signature for this in outlook. You just have to set this signature once and in all new emails, automatically these details are mentioned! This way you do not need to write these details in all emails. This will save your time and efforts.
Let’s do it now!
Please follow the below steps:
- Please open Microsoft Office Outlook. If you do not know where it is, go to START (windows) option on the left bottom side of the screen. Then go to “All Programs”-> Microsoft Office -> Click on “Microsoft Office Outlook 2007”. It will open.
- Click on “Tools” from top -> There are many options on the top left side of the Outlook software: File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Actions, Help.
- From Tools go to “Options”.
- A new window will open with top 5 options: Preferences | Mail Setup | Mail Format | Spelling | Other. Please click on the second option – Mail Format.(See below image)
- There are many options here. The second last option is “Signatures”. Click on this button.(See above image)
- Now on the left side there is a box without any name. Click on NEW below that box.(See below image)
- In the pop up, give any name of your signature. Like in the image, we have given a name “First”. Click OK. (See above image)
- Under the below large box, write whatever you want to set for the signature of your emails.(See below image)
- You can write text, upload Image, change fonts, size etc. Create a good and attractive signature with your company/business/personal details.(See above image)
- On the right side, your email id is selected.(See above image)
- Just below the email address, do not forget to select the name of the signature that we have created now. If you will miss to select the name here, you will not see the signature.
- Then click on OK at the bottom. Again click OK in the last opened window.
Now open a new email and you will see the signature is pre-written! It will not include in the emails that you already sent or are in your inbox. This will take effect for the new emails that you write from now onwards. In each email, you will see this signature. You can change/edit this signature in your emails if you like.